Question: What dangerous goods and hazardous materials are you able to transport?


Answer: We transport dangerous goods and hazardous materials in the following classes: 


  • Class 2 -- gases, aerosols, e.g. refrigerants, oxygen, nitrogen, acetylene, chlorine gas, etc.

  • Class 3 -- flammable liquids, liquid desensitized explosives, e.g. petrol, ethanol, tee tree oil, glue, paint, resins, etc.

  • Class 4.1 -- flammable solids, solid desensitized explosives, self reactive substances, e.g. sulphur, camphor, firelighters, 

  • Class 4.2 -- spontaneously combustible substances, substances which explode when exposed to air, e.g. white phosophorous, animal skins, iron oxide, etc. 

  • Class 4.3 -- substances which explode when in contact with water, e.g. zinc, soldium, lithium, potassium alloys, etc. 

  • Class 5.1 -- oxidizing substances, e.g. hydrogen peroxide, fertilisers, nitrates, saltpeter, chlorine tables, etc

  • Class 5.2 -- organic peroxides, e.g. peroxides, bleaching agents, peracetic acid, 

  • Class 6.1 -- toxic substances and poisons, e.g. acids, chloroform, dry cleaning fluid, dyes, paint stripper, degreasers, etc. 

  • Class 6.2 -- infectious substances, biological products, patient specimens, and medical waste, e.g. biological cultures, medical samples, clinical waste, GMOs, GMMOs, etc. 

  • Class 8 -- corrosives, e.g. batteries, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, chlorides, liquid bleach, dyes, caustic soda, descalers, etc. 

  • Class 9 -- miscellaneous dangerous goods, e.g. asbestos, lithium batteries and items with lithium batteries in them, car and truck motors, dry ice, urinal cake perfume, life saving equipment, first aid kits, polystyrene beads, molten liquid, and environmentally hazardous materials, etc. 

  • Class 1 -- explosives, only in Category 3 (low risk) quantities whereby driver and vehicle licenses are not required, eg. Life saving devices, distress signals, blank ammunition, toy fireworks, small quantities of fuse, components of ammunition, etc. Note: proper packaging, paperwork, and security measures are still required. 

Question: What dangerous goods and hazardous materials are you not able to transport?

Answer: We cannot transport any of the following:

  • Class 1 Explosives in Category 1 or 2 (higher risk) quantities.

  • Any quantity of Class 7 Radioactive substances.

Question: Are you properly licensed to transport hazardous goods?


Answer: Yes, all our drivers hold a Dangerous Goods driver licence issued by the NSW Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) which is the Regulator for New South Wales. A NSW EPA DG licence is valid in all States of Australia. Dangerous Goods Transport NSW operates in compliance with the ADG Code and NSW and Commonwealth law in regards to the legal transportation of dangerous goods in Australia. NOTE. We transport Class 1 explosives in Category 1 (low risk) quantities which do not require driver and vehicle licensing, however packaging, documentation, and security protocols must still be followed. See here for information on the legal transportation of explosives.  


Question: Do you use subcontractors?


Answer: Sometimes. Over the years we have built up a very good network of operators that we work with. On some jobs we may use someone else to help. No matter, all contracts and paperwork with DGTNSW is between you and DGTNSW. You need not be concerned with any of that. All our partners are fully licensed and have worked with us before. Our network has grown to be quite robust. We are quite proud of it. 

Question: Do you do interstate deliveries?

Answer: Yes. We also offer an overnight service through an affiliate company that is licensed to store hazardous goods. Note, per Australian law a vehicle transporting dangerous goods cannot be left unattended hence in longer journeys we may use two drivers so the journey is continuous, without breaks. We can get your job done quicker this way too. 


Question: Do your drivers have Security clearance for NSW Ports?


Answer: Yes. We have security clearance for all NSW ports. This level of security clearance allows us to enter NSW ports and interact with domestic and international ships docked at the ports. Every driver has a MSIC (Maritime Security Identity Card) for this purpose. We frequently deliver to Overseas Passenger Terminal (The Rocks), Port Botany, Port Kembla and Glebe Island/White Bay ports.


Question: Do you do next-day deliveries?


Answer: No. Our service is door to door and immediate. The drop-off must occur in the same journey as the pick-up. However, we do have access to a partner company that is licensed to store hazardous goods but this would need to be pre-arranged and may incur extra costs as charged by the Third Party for overnight storage. We would prefer not to do this but if you are really stuck, we will do our best to help you. 

Question: Can I use the product SDS as the transport document?


Answer: No. Under no circumstances is an SDS acceptable as a transport document. We do not need your SDS for the purposes of transport. The carriage of all goods classified as DG must have an accompanying transport document in the correct format. We can help you with the correct documentation if needed. Information on transport documentation is available on the NSW EPA Website. You can also download a free transport document template courtesy of the NSW EPA from their website here:

Question: Do you pack dangerous goods?


Answer: No. You need to correctly package your dangerous goods for transport. You must provide your own segregation units if you have cargo that needs to be segregated. Hazardous goods must be packed according to the UN regulations and the Australian Dangerous Goods Code and all required information must be recorded on a corresponding transport document for every consignment. We must inspect the goods and verify the transport docs before we accept carriage of goods. We cannot help you with packaging. 

Question: What are the costs to transport dangerous goods? 



  • Generally charges are by the hour. Time to load and unload is included in the "duration of carriage." MINIMUM CHARGE = 3 HRS. 

  • Larger deliveries may be charged by pallet/IBC plus load/unload.

  • The rate depends on the class of the goods being transported, their packing group category (level of risk), and the quantity and/or weight of the goods. We have to consider the location, risks of the product, transport conditions, the facilities at the pickup and unloading locations, and the controls we need to take to transport them safely.

  • Pricing is inclusive of fuel surcharges and road tolls.

  • There may be an additional charge for last minute or urgent pickups and weekend deliveries.

  • For regular work we can negotiate set prices.

  • For contract work a set fee may be negotiated either as a per hour rate or per job rate. A base price for fuel is determined at the start of the contract. If fuel prices change drastically after commencement of the contract any price balance is determined and charged as per the standard Fuel Levy calculator found at


  • Generally charged by the kilometer (including return trip empty.)

  • Smaller jobs (e.g Sydney to Bathurst, Sydney to Newcastle, etc) generally charged by the hour or can be an agreed price.

  • For contract work where interstate journeys are part of the contract there may be set prices for each of the runs.

  • If priced on kilometers there may or may not be an additional load/unload charges. We lean toward not charging these.

Question: What paperwork do we need to do to engage Dangerous Goods Transport NSW?


It is very simple to engage us. Your company need only read and sign our Service Contract Terms and Conditions. You only need to sign this once as it will hold for repeat business. We cannot do business without this done. Please see out Terms and Conditions here:

Once the goods have been delivered we will need a signature on the delivery note. This is a piece of paper that someone will need to sign with a pen. If you have "fears" about signing delivery documentation, we don't care. Stop listening to the toxic, contradicting Lamestream Media, that's what most of us have done. If you can't sign for it, we can't deliver it.